The Moto E is a low end Android device by Motorola, is the latest budget dual sim Android smartphone. The Moto E was launched in May 2014. The device features a 4.3″ LCD display, with a resolution of 960×540. It’s powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 dual-core 1.2GHz processor and 1GB of RAM. It has 4GB internal storage, with a microSD slot capable of up to 32GB. The Moto E has a 5MP camera and runs on Android 4.4.2. All this is backed by a 1980mAh battery. Here is some quick tips and tricks on Moto E to make you play with your device.
From any screen, slide with single figure. You can see the notifications.
Check Quick settings and Quick toggles:
From any screen, slide with double figures. You can see all quick settings and quick toggles like WIFI, GPS, Sound, Bluetooth.
A different way to capture:
1. Go to camera.
2. Connect with headphone.
3. Press the headphone control button.
Decreasing the Screen Brightness:
- While on the home screen, tap the “All apps” icon
- Tap “Settings“
- Under “Device“, tap “Display“
- Tap “Brightness” and clear the “Automatic brightness” check box if necessary
- Drag the brightness slider to the desired level
- Tap “OK“
- Access the phone’s “Settings” menu
- Tap “Display” under “Device“
- Tap “Sleep“
- Set a different duration, anywhere between “15 seconds” and the maximum limit of “10 minutes“
Adding a Widget or a Shortcut to the Home Screen:
- Tap “All apps” while on the home screen
- Swipe right-to-left and find the desired app or widget
- Tap and hold the desired widget or app
- Tap and hold a widget or a shortcut located on the home screen
- Drag the item over the “Remove” icon
- Release the item and it will be removed
Changing the Home Screen Wallpaper:
- While on the home screen, tap and hold an empty area
- Select “Wallpapers“
- Browse through the default images and tap “Set Wallpaper” when you’ve reached the desired one.
Changing the Default Keyboard:
- While viewing the home screen, tap “All Apps“
- Tap “Settings“
- Under “Personal“, tap “Language & input“
- Tap “Default” and select the desired keyboard
Enabling / Disabling Haptic Feedback:
- Open the apps drawer
- Tap “Settings” > “Sound“
- Tap “Vibrate on touch” to enable or disable haptic feedback
1. Go to Contacts
2. Choose Options Symbol shown in image below
3. Choose Import/export.
4. The new menu opens.
5. Select Import from SIM card. It will ask to choose the SIM card you have in your device. You can select both the SIM or you can choose one sim. It will import all your contacts in SIM card to Motorola Moto E smartphone.
Take screenshot in Motorola Moto E
1. Press and hold volume down key and power button for few seconds.
2. The screen blinks to confirm you that, screenshot is taken.
3. The screenshot taken will be saved in Gallery.
Use Motorola Moto E as WiFi Hotspot
1. Go to Settings-> More->Tethering & mobile hotspot->Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot.
2. Tap on to it to enable Wi-Fi hotspot in Moto E.
You can customise your network SSID and password by tapping Set up Wi-Fi hotspot.
Use Motorola Moto E as Modem
1. Connect your device to PC through USB cable.
2. Then go to Settings-> More->Tethering & mobile hotspot->USB tethering.